- An HIV (+) woman who had a recent cervical cancer diagnosed at our clinic.
- Two uninsured women in their mid-20’s came together- for the FIRST ever exam and Pap smear
- A 19 year old man in to treat chlamydia. We tested him at our free chlamydia screening day last week. He now reveals that his girlfriend was known (+) and she was treated in February. He went to the Floyd County Health dept. and they refused to treat him until he (an uninsured and unemployed young man) paid $140.00 -now she is (+) for chlamydia again.
- An uninsured, unemployed woman needed her Implanon removed and the Dr’s office that inserted it required $350.00/up front before they would see her (this procedure takes just a few minutes and about $5.00 worth of supplies).
- A 23 year old, uninsured- with a urinary tract infection came here instead of the E.R. for treatment
- An uncontrolled insulin dependent diabetic smoker with high cholesterol came in for her overdue Pap – she likely has an STD
- I called a 26 yr old, uninsured to let her know that her cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL were all elevated
Friday, April 22, 2011
How Bad is it in Georgia?
Besides fielding numerous phone calls- these were some of our patients just today: